Knickerbocker Press Building
Higgins Quasebarth & Partners served as historic preservation consultants to Knickerbocker Lofts LLC for the rehabilitation of the Knickerbocker Press Building and its conversion to residential lofts for artists. The Knickerbocker Press Building, which was initially completed in 1892 with additions into the twentieth century, was originally used by G.P. Putnam’s Sons, a printing company. HQ conducted historical research on the Dutch Revival style building which resulted in its listing on the National Register of Historic Places. Working with Cutsogeorge Tooman + Allen Architects, HQ ensured that the rehabilitation complied with the Secretary of the Interior’s Standards to qualify for historic preservation tax credits. The Knickerbocker Press Building project was completed in November of 1999.