Sara Delano Roosevelt House
Higgins Quasebarth & Partners served as historic preservation consultants to Hunter College for the adaptive reuse of Sara Delano Roosevelt House. The Sara Delano Roosevelt House, built in 1908, was designed by Charles A. Platt and is an individual New York City landmark. As the former home of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, it is the only extant presidential home in New York City that maintains its historic integrity. HQ produced a Historic Structure Report which integrated extensive historical research relating to the building’s architect and the original owner and a careful analysis of the building’s historic fabric and existing conditions. Working with Polshek Partnership, HQ consulted on the building’s adaptive reuse which included the addition of a new auditorium. HQ also guided the project through the Landmarks Preservation Commission approval process in addition to carrying out a Section 106 review which required coordination with the State Historic Preservation Office. The Sara Delano Roosevelt House now serves as Hunter College’s Roosevelt House Public Policy Institute.