Battery Maritime Building
HQ is the historic preservation consultants to the Dermot Corporation for the approval of a major rooftop addition to the Battery Maritime Building in Lower Manhattan. The Battery Maritime Building, formerly the Municipal Ferry Terminal, was designed by Walker & Morris and built in 1909 in the Beaux-Arts style. It is an individual New York City landmark. Working with the project architect, Rogers Marvel, HQ provided design consultation for the modern rooftop addition and guided the project through both the Landmarks Preservation Commission review process and the federal Historic Preservation Tax Credit Review process. The Battery Maritime Building project was approved by the Landmarks Preservation Commission in 2008 and approved for tax credits in 2011.