Rendering of proposed addition at 186 Remsen Street. Recently, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved a contemporary six-story addition to the former Franklin Building at 186 Remsen Street in the Downtown Brooklyn Skyscraper Historic District. The Franklin Building suffered a catastrophic fire in the late 1950s that resulted in the demolition of the top [...]
The Observer looks at LPC's history of approving modern design, especially in new construction. The article looks at recent approvals for projects such as 10 Jay Street in DUMBO and St. Luke's in the Fields in Greenwich Village, as well as older projects such as the Hearst Tower. HQ served as the historic preservation for each of [...]
LPC has approved a substantial addition atop the restored former butcher shop at 70 Henry Street in the Brooklyn Heights Historic District. HQ worked with Morris Adjmi Architects, Capalino + Co., and developers JMH Development and Madison Estates to secure approval for the project.
HQ is working with RFR and architects MdAS on the rehabilitation of the former Germania Bank at 190 Bowery. LPC recently approved modifications to create a new ADA entry and other changes associated with the restoration of the building. HQ is working with the project team on various aspects of the restoration, including replacement of [...]
LPC has approved the conversion of the former St. Agatha's School at 555 West End Avenue to residential use. The 7-story structure was designed by William A. Boring and constructed in 1907. Cary Tamarkin is the architect and developer for the project.
HQ is working with GB Lodging and architects Gerner & Valcarcel on the restoration and rehabilitation of the 1882 Temple Court building in Lower Manhattan. In this video, architect Randy Gerner gives a tour of the in-progress restoration of the magnificent atrium at the center of Temple Court. HQ has secured NYC LPC and State and Federal [...]