New York Public Library
Higgins Quasebarth & Partners served as historic preservation consultants for the south wing addition to the New York Public Library’s main branch at Bryant Park. The New York Public Library Building, designed by Carrere & Hastings and built in 1911, is an individual New York City landmark. Working with Davis Brody Bond Architects, HQ provided design consultation for an addition for the Center for the Humanities and restoration consultation to the landmarked building. The New York Public Library Center for the Humanities Project was approved by the Landmarks Preservation Commission and completed in June, 1998.