New York Central Building
The New York Central Building, designed by Warren & Wetmore, was completed in 1929 and acts as an anchor at the south end of Park Avenue. As part of the Grand Central Terminal complex, the New York Central Building sits astride the Park Avenue viaduct and the New York Central Railroad tracks. In fact, during the building’s construction, railroad service remained uninterrupted. The New York Central Building is an individual New York City landmark.
Higgins Quasebarth & Partners served as historic preservation consultants to Max Capital for the restoration of the landmarked building. Working with the project architect Skidmore, Owings & Merrill, HQ provided consultation on masonry restoration, window replacement, and storefront restoration. HQ also guided the project through the Landmarks Preservation Commission review process.