C. Riger & Sons Factory
The C. Rieger’s Sons Factory was built in 1906 and was originally used for the manufacturing of caskets. By 1980, this brick industrial building had fallen into a state of severe deterioration.
HQ served as historic preservation consultants to L&M Hub Associates for the rehabilitation of the C. Rieger’s Sons Factory. HQ conducted historical research which resulted in the building’s listing on the National Register of Historic Places. Working with Feder & Stia architects, HQ consulted on the rehabilitation to qualify the project for historic preservation tax credits. In rehabilitating the historic structure, the C. Rieger’s Sons Factory was transformed from a derelict safety-hazard to a community resource of low to moderate-income housing. The C. Rieger’s Sons Factory project received the 2004 Excellence in Historic Preservation Award from the Preservation League of New York State.