Rendering of proposed addition at 186 Remsen Street. Recently, the Landmarks Preservation Commission approved a contemporary six-story addition to the former Franklin Building at 186 Remsen Street in the Downtown Brooklyn Skyscraper Historic District. The Franklin Building suffered a catastrophic fire in the late 1950s that resulted in the demolition of the top [...]
LPC has approved a substantial addition atop the restored former butcher shop at 70 Henry Street in the Brooklyn Heights Historic District. HQ worked with Morris Adjmi Architects, Capalino + Co., and developers JMH Development and Madison Estates to secure approval for the project.
LPC has approved the conversion of the former St. Agatha's School at 555 West End Avenue to residential use. The 7-story structure was designed by William A. Boring and constructed in 1907. Cary Tamarkin is the architect and developer for the project.